Search This Blog

Friday, February 13, 2015

Handmade: Green and Copper Wire Jewelry

Hey guys. As you all know, I've been healing from wisdom teeth surgery. So I decided to stick to the theme of healing.

One of my aunties was in a horrible motorcycle accident several years ago. Well recently she had undergone surgery to help straighten out her legs. She hasn't been able to walk because of all the pins sticking out of her leg. Talk about painful. She has been such an inspiration to me. To be laid up and dependent on other people for months would make me depressed, but not her. I visited her a couple weeks ago. She was so upbeat and positive. Instead of being down and sorry for herself, she took up various craft projects to help keep her hands and mind busy. Today I decided to show off some of the wire jewelry she has made for me in celebration of her starting to walk again this week!

This bracelet was one of the first pieces she did while she was learning. My auntie told me she didn't do very well and was just going to take it apart and scrap it. I fell in love with it, so she gave it to me. The beads are big, round and smooth. The green is kind of olive-y. Super pretty and vintage looking. The copper wire is molded into a frame that holds the beads in place. She even made the clasp. Yes she did all of that by hand. It's beautiful!


Next is this ring with a big beautiful green glass bead. I have a weakness for all things green, so again I easily fell in love with it. The bead is secured to the three coils of copper wire through the center. To finish, the ends of the wire are bent into spirals on top of the bead. Its super cute and simple but elegant at the same time.


The last piece of jewelry I have from her is this simple pinkie ring. My auntie made this ring in like five minutes while I was visiting with her. It's simply a few coils of copper wire. The wire is then molded into three spirals. A bead and a bit of chain is added for decoration. Super simple. Super cute. She is so talented.

While healing physically, it's so important to also heal mentally too. My auntie has found a creative and beautiful way to help her spirits heal. I'm proud to be related to such a beautiful soul. I hope you guys can see a bit of her through this post. I love you auntie and wish you a speedy recovery on your journey.


Shine Bright and Beautiful!




P.S. What do you guys do to help heal both mentally and physically? I'd love to hear from you.

P.P.S. She made treble clef paper clips too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment