Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tuesday's Tidbits #1: Calm Cool Nails

Tuesday's Tidbits is where I will highlight just one piece of a whole outfit. Sometimes I'll talk about clothing, shoes, scarves, accessories... anything, but it'll be just one piece. So you can decide how best to wear it.

Today I wanted to talk about nail polish. For me nail polish is like decoration on a cake. It's not necessary but can add just enough pizzazz to any ensemble to take a regular outfit to amazing. But let's tell the truth here, sometimes it's a pain in the butt lol. I'm right-handed so using my right hand is easy. Working with my left hand is not so simple. Sometimes it feels like you're painting your entire finger tip. Also what happens if you don't wait long enough for the polish to be completely dry? You get lovely textures like on my left index finger.

Aside from the pains of polishing nails yourself, it can also be a lot of fun. Whenever I polish my nails, I feel pampered and girly. It's nice me-time that can end up pretty. With the weather being so hot lately, I decided to play with cooler colors. Green is my fave color, so it's always my go-to. The blue I chose because it was more a turquoise than a true blue. Also it sparkles. What girl doesn't like sparkles? The purple is a very rich royal purple balancing out the lightness of the green and coolness of the blue.

If you haven't noticed already, I enjoy colors and how they affect and interact with each other. These three colors feel cool and refreshing like purple flowers and green grass around a calm lake. They just feel calm. After the crazy weekend I had, calm is a good thing.

How do you like to do your nails? Do you like plain colors or intricate patterns? Share your pictures with me. I'd love to see what you do with your nails.

As always guys,
Have a Happy Colors Day!

P.S. Please leave questions and comments. I'd love to hear from you. Keep it clean and positive.





No comments:

Post a Comment